Child Support Lawyer in Honolulu

Helping You Secure Your Child's Future

If you are going through a divorce, one of the most important matters you will need to agree upon with your spouse is child support. This is such an important issue, and one that should not be overlooked because it involves the well-being of your child. The dissolution of your marriage means that your financial standing will change, and so will the lifestyle that you and your children have grown accustomed with. Child support can help you continue to financially provide for your child’s basic needs as well as other expenses agreed upon or required by the court. If you need help obtaining child support or need to modify the terms of your current agreement, you have found the right family law firm with Sturdivant & Associates, LLLC. Our Honolulu lawyer is passionate about helping families and providing them with quality legal counsel; he can help your family, too.

Reach us today by calling (808) 201-3898. Our family law firm is equipped to handle complicated divorce agreements.

Understanding Child Support in Hawaii

Are you going through a divorce and are wondering what child support entails? Child support involves court-ordered payments given by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent or guardian to be used for the child’s needs and varying expenses. The court usually determines the payment amount after considering a number of factors, including the non-custodial parent’s monthly income. Ideally, the child’s parents come to an understanding about payment amounts outside of court. However, this is not always a possibility, and this is why an attorney can be so invaluable.

At Sturdivant & Associates, LLLC, our Honolulu lawyer is dedicated to helping families understand that child support goes towards payment of the child’s needs, including the following:

  • Shelter (including mortgage or rent)
  • Utility bills
  • Food and groceries
  • Medical care
  • Educational expenses
  • Extracurricular activities

If you need help applying for child support or enforcing an existing order, we can help. Our experienced Honolulu attorney has handled tough family law matters for over 12 years, and is dedicated to being accessible to every client we serve.

Give us a call at (808) 201-3898 to schedule a free consultation without Honolulu lawyer!


  • Sturdivant & Associates, LLLC He not only gave me a fair and equitable retainer fee, he got the results I was looking for.
  • Sturdivant & Associates, LLLC I felt like he was straight with me, both good and bad, unlike other lawyers I've met with.
  • Sturdivant & Associates, LLLC Did a great job of being a friend as well as attorney.
Prev Next

Receive the Top-Quality Legal Representation You & Your Family Deserve.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side